Pages

Monday, March 9, 2015

Sugar Free Wheat Free Gluten free Vegan flapjack Recipe


Whisking round the supermarket I felt like I needed a sugar fix post workout.  I found myself dawdling down the wheat aisle...bad move!  I knew I was off sugar and yet I needed to sort my blood sugar level out without the normal options.  So I miraculously used what little energy I felt I had and came up with a recipe pronto that is Sugar Free; Wheat Free; Gluten free, Vegan with no cooking!  Note to self: THIS IS A VERY SWEET RECIPE! Therefore for occasional use only!



Prep time 5 mins

Freezer time 20 mins

Total recipe ready in 25 minutes

Ingredients needed:

1 cup Mixed dried fruit (cranberries; Cherries; Blueberries; Raisins)
2-3 cups of Gluten Free Oats
3 tbs Canadian Maple Syrup
1 pinch of Himalayan sea salt
2 tsp Arriba Nacionale Heirloom cacao
4-5 tbs Coconut oil
1 handful ground pumpkin seeds or...

1 handful of mixed ground seeds including Goji; pumpkin; Chia; lindseeds; Chia

Directions

1. Mix the oats; fruit and ground seeds in a bowl.

2. Add the salt and maple syrup. Stirring until all ingredients covered with the maple syrup.
 
3. Melt coconut in a bowl over the stove until liquefied and then add two teaspoons to cacao powder in a cup, mix and leave for a minute.

4. Add the rest of coconut oil to the ingredients and stir until completely mixed.

5. Put all the ingredients (apart from the cacao) into your preferred container.  Pat down with spoon.

6.Now drizzle the cacao over the top.

7. Put the container in the freezer until cooled, then serve!





for details click below

No comments:

Post a Comment