Pages

Thursday, March 12, 2015

Red Cabbage and Chicken Asian Salad Recipe with Tangy Cilantro Dressing


Red Cabbage and Chicken Asian Salad
An amazingly-delicious salad that's a real treat for Phase One!

(For Phase One Fridays I highlight Phase One recipes from the past that have been my personal favorites.   This salad is a recipe where I subbed sugar snap peas for carrots to make it Phase One, and it's something I could eat over and over.  If you're not a cilantro fan, I'd just use more green onion.)

I'm always a fan of cruciferous vegetables, so when I saw a recipe in Cooking New American with red cabbage, chicken, and cilantro, of course I wanted to try it. I love the flavor and crunch of red cabbage, and when I'm making a lettuce salad for lunch, it's one of the first things I'll add. In this salad red cabbage was the main ingredient, and I realized too late it would have been nice to use my beloved mandoline to get the cabbage a bit thinner, but even with slightly thicker cabbage, you can tell I loved this flavor combination:

Click to continue reading
for details click below

No comments:

Post a Comment